I love a good ginger nut, the tang and crunch make these one of my favourites! So in preparation for a bloggers meeting I baked some for my lovely friends. I was really worried they were terrible and I hadn’t road tested the recipe! But alas I should have had faith! Why would I doubt such magical ingredients as ground almonds, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add some orange zest and its looking like a flavour party! Enjoy!
- 2 ½ cups of ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 120g of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Zest of an orange
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Put all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to mix
- Add all the wet ingredients
- Stir to mix again. If it looks a little wet at this stage just use more ground almonds till you have a good consistency
- Spoon onto the baking tray and use your hand to flatten
- Bake for approximately 12 mins until golden. They will be a little soft but will firm up once they cool.